Level 2 Memory Verse: should require 8 to 10 days to memorize and with ongoing, daily recitation fully memorized for life within 30 to 50 days.
I consider Matthew 6:9-13 a Level 2 Memory Verse because it is so often quoted and heard in society. The section of scripture also flows like a beautiful river. Here we go:
- Our Father Who art in heaven, Hollowed be Thy name.
- Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread.
- And forgive us our debts, even as we forgive our debtors.
- And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
- For Thine is the kingdom – and the power – and the glory – for ever, and ever. Amen
- (Matthew 6:9-13 KJV)
Matthew 6:9-13 is most often referred to as “The Lord’s Prayer”.
It is formulaic and designed to provide a structure from which to pray.
For example: the fourth line above “Give us this day our daily bread” is related to our provision, but not ours alone. The fourth line and every line within this passage can be used to pray for your every prayer. Yes, you can pray for your sustenance and resources by simply praying the Lord’s Prayer, but you can just as easily expand each line within the Lord’s Prayer to pray for you and your family’s and friend’s greater good.
If you have never used the Lord’s Prayer in such a manner – give it a shot.
- Our Father, our great and might Lord, Hollowed be they wonderful and glorious name.
- Thy kingdom come into my life. Thy will be done in my every act and deed, in every area of my life here on this earth even as all things are done according to Your will and purpose in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread, oh Lord. Meet the needs of our family our friends our neighbors.
- And forgive us our debts, our sins against You and our loved ones, even as we forgive our debtors; our peers; our spouse, our parents (as applies to your life).
- And lead us not into temptation, You know the ones of which I speak.
- But deliver us, Lord Jesus from that evil one and from our own wicked ways.
- For Thine is the kingdom, our future is Yours.
- And Thine is the power, for there is no greater.
- And Thine is the glory and honor and praise.
- Both now and forever my glorious King. Amen!
Blessed be the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ!
Have a glorious day.