A friend of mine wrote this little study on a prophecy found in Hosea chapter 4.
Just thought I’d pass it along.
It’s a fact that the world’s fish stocks are currently being decimated by a combination of over-fishing, ocean pollution & climate change.
Regardless of the direct human influences, could this also parallel a prophecy of Divine Judgement?
Consider what the implications would be if the global fishing industry totally collapsed:
- How would that affect us all?
- How would it impact the world ecosystems?
- What about the global economy?
It would be totally disastrous all the way around, wouldn’t it?
“Therefore the land will mourn;
And everyone who dwells there will waste away
With the beasts of the field
And the birds of the air;
Even the fish of the sea will be taken away.” (NKJV)
Let’s read what the book of Hosea says, chapter 4, verse 3d –
- The fishes of the sea also shall be taken away. (KJV)
- Even the fish of the sea will be taken away. (NKJV)
- Even the fish in the sea will be removed. (CJSB)
- Even the fish of the sea shall fail. (NETS-LXX)
- Even the fish of the sea are perishing (NRSV)
- And the fish of the sea are disappearing. (NLT)
- And also the fish of the sea disappear. (NASB footnote, the literal Hebrew is: “are taken away”).Note the KJV, NKJV & CJSB say that the fish will be either “Taken Away or Removed”. By whom?
And notice that the NRSV, NLT & NASB are in the present tense. Is this happening right now just as predicted?
Though let’s keep Hosea 4:1-10 in context: (NASB)
1. Listen to the word of the Lord, O sons of Israel, For the Lord has a case against the inhabitants of the land, Because there is no faithfulness or kindness Or knowledge of God in the land.
2.There is swearing, deception, murder, stealing and adultery. They employ violence, so that bloodshed follows bloodshed.
3. Therefore the land mourns, And everyone who lives in it languishes, Along with the beasts of the field and the birds of the sky, And also the fish of the sea disappear.
4. Yet let no one find fault, and let none offer reproof; For your people are like those who contend with the priest.
5. So you will stumble by day, And the prophet also will stumble with you by night; And I will destroy your mother.
6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.
7.The more they multiplied, the more they sinned against Me; I will change their glory into shame.
8.They feed on the sin of My people, And direct their desire toward their iniquity.
9. And it will be, like people, like priest; So I will punish them for their ways, And repay them for their deeds.
10.They will eat, but not have enough; They will play the harlot, but not increase, Because they have stopped giving heed to the Lord.
Judgment that’s long over-due, yes?
Because of the state of the world’s modern standards that sounds pretty darn close to this indeed:
So now we call the proud blessed,
For those who do wickedness are raised up,
They even tempt God and go free.
Malachai 3:15 (NKJV)History repeating itself perhaps?
Are we on the cusp of The Judgment?
Do we really need to ask with all the signs and prophecies taking place?
If the answer is, “yes, we need to ask,” then WE are not paying much attention to the world around us and all the prophecies which have and are coming to pass right now!
Comments / Questions / Criticisms?
Well, you know how to reach us.
God bless you and your preparation for the Coming Storm!