Prophecies and Words of Knowledge have been a cornerstone in my life.
In May of 1958 my – barely – Christian parents received a prophecy they’d have a son one year from that day, it would be a boy and grow into a man of God. Correct on all points.
I was Saved, age seven; filled with the Holy Spirit, age nine and delivered my first public Word-of-Knowledge only a few months later. The prophecy declared my Pastor was having an affair with a specific female congregant. Correct on all points.
Just, one or two more examples before addressing the point for this Post.
Midday, following Vacation Bible School, Phoenix Arizona, 1971 (I was twelve) I received what would be one of my life’s most significant Words from the Lord; the Word was in the form of a question rather than a direct Word of Knowledge. The Lord simply asked: “Why was Jesus’ ministry just 3½ years?” For the next 35 years that question disturbed my life.
- Over the next 35 years I asked numerous Pastors and self-proclaimed Theologians or Scholars the same question, “Why was Jesus’ ministry just 3½ years?”. Not a single mature Christian-Leader could answer the question posed to a twelve-year-old child.
- In 1980 I was given a mysterious, prophetic song titled, “Come to Me”, a song deeply rooted in elements related to answers to that question, “Why was Jesus’ ministry just 3½ years?”. Furthermore, I had no idea it was rooted in THE question.
- 2006 began a ten-year trek for writing the book, “This Side of the Whirlwind, the Coming Apocalypse,” heavily related to that same question, “Why was Jesus’ ministry just 3½ years?”.
- Now, as time has passed and our world has been approaching the answer to THAT question, God reveals the grand meaning rooted within its answers.
- AND THEN LEAVES THE MESSAGE IN THE BOOK HANGING!
- The book has barely sold around the globe. I wonder why.
Let’s return to a period between August of 1984 and the summer of 1985 when I was given the same or nearly the same prophecy – 8 times over 9 months!
The prophecy went as follows: My son, I shall open doors for you that no man can close, and eyes that many may see and ears that many may hear; and I will exult your name beyond your wildest dreams as long as you exalt My name; for I love you My son.
The Prophecy was given:
- Twice in Sierra Vista, Arizona by two separate women in two different locations.
- Three times on a VHS recording, recorded by Mike Atkins, a Minister from Kansas, giving his testimony in a tiny church in Marana, Arizona called the Lighthouse Assembly of God.
- The man’s testimony was recorded four months earlier, detail by Mike Atkins personally, sharing his similar encounters which, for him, took place: once in Kansas City, Kansas; once in a small borough in the Mountains of Kentucky and once more in a large church in Dallas, Texas.
A short time later, I received the prophecy again thru a miracle of revelation too difficult to explain in a short Post. The aforementioned revelation has been spelled out in the Post: True Life 6> The Prophecy Continues: https://thissideofthewhirlwind.wordpress.com/2016/05/29/this-side-of-the-whirlwind-true-life-6/
- The seventh event took place during a Full-Gospel Businessman’s Fellowship meeting in Sierra Vista, Arizona. Following the testimony of Douglass, Arizona’s Chief-of-Police. Johnny Jones, called me out of a crowd of a 120 people, slapped his hand on my forehead and then declared in the name of the Lord, “My son, I have told you before…” and then recounted the same amazing prophecy given six times before.
- Lastly, while hanging on the side of a steep climb, 70% grade, during a cloud-burst with lightning strikes and thunder raging all about us; as waters gushed over the sides of the cliff and threatened to wash my brother and me off the hillside, I received an audible Word from the Lord, unquestioningly related to the previous six prophecies.
Bear in mind, the prophecies to which I refer were given over 37 year ago. As far as I know, they have not come to pass, yet!
So, here is one of the primary points to this Post: what do you do with such encounters, revelations and or prophecies from the Almighty?
Do you cast them aside as though they might have been untrue? Were they false prophecies?
Such MIGHT be the case for a prophecy given once by an unproven Prophet or a passing stranger or a poorly disciplined congregant, BUT that would certainly not account for the case of eight identical or near identical prophecies which were confirmed by the mouth of two or three or five witnesses. Remember, the last prophecy was “supposedly” given audibly by the Lord Himself.
So, what would YOU do?
The answer to that question is really quite simple. Trust the Lord! Regardless of what you see in this world; irrespective of what you hear or think you know… Trust the Lord!
God is always faithful!
Trust the Lord! God accomplishes His promises and His Words of Knowledge and His Prophecies and or Visions. Trust the Lord!
Just because you or I cannot perceive what God is doing or how He is doing “IT” does not mean God has failed you or failed to perform His promises in your life.
Trust the Lord! Trust the Lord. Trust the Lord. Trust the Lord, ad nauseum. Then, trust the Lord some more.
Alright. I’m still trusting the Lord despite all evidence to the contrary.
I have not seen Him open doors for me or eyes that many may see or ears that many may hear.
I have not had my name exulted beyond my wildest dreams – even though – I exult His name every day.
So, what do I make of it?
I trust the Lord. Trusting He knows what He is doing in my life.
Should I die and not see the fulfillment according to what I think the fulfillment should be???
So, what. I will trust my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Be blessed and have a beautiful day!
I know… I like to use the word, “so” often.
BTW, if you’d like to see more of the “True-Life” series then… https://thissideofthewhirlwind.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/this-side-of-the-whirlwind-true-life/