The Decimation 1
Purpose for the Great Tribulation/Great Consummation
I started writing this Post several times using numerous and varied approaches; yet, I kept running into a problem each time, which was…
You don’t prove the real-deal by disproving the counterfeit.
NO! You prove the real-deal by revealing the truths about the genuine article!
Example, you train people to recognize a counterfeit US $100.00 bill by teaching them how to identify an authentic US $100.00 bill.
Such will be the case with This Side of the Whirlwind’s NEW End Times message.
You should know this message is not really “New” – NOoooooooO!
The message in “This Side of the Whirlwind, The Coming Apocalypse” may appear new to you but that does not mean it is new to the Bible; rather, it is utterly represented and supported throughout God’s Word. There are literally hundreds of Bible references throughout “This Side of the Whirlwind.”
The message only appears new because God concealed HIS End-Times message UNTIL the beginning of “The Time of the End”. JUST LIKE God SAID He would do in HIS Word… (Daniel 8:14-26; 12:4-9; and Revelation 10:1-7).
But you Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book until the time of the End! (Daniel 12:4 NKJV)
Let’s start here:
Question 1) What is God’s reason or purpose for the End Times?
The Correct Answer Please!
- The End Times represents the second half of Christ’s seven year covenant mentioned in Daniel 9:24-27.
- The first half of Christ’s Covenant took place during Jesus’ 3½ years of ministry. In this half of the Covenant Jesus fulfilled the first four edicts found in verse 24.
- The second half of the Covenant will begin within the next “9” (today: February 21st, 2019) or fewer years and will also span 3½ years and complete the last two edicts found in verse 24.
- The first 3½ years of Christ’s Covenant or Contract represented the “Blessings” half of the Contract (Deuteronomy 11:26-28; Isaiah 61:1-2a). Jesus confirmed this truth in Luke 4:14-22 when He declared the first half of the prophecy begun and fulfilled in Luke 4:21, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
- The second half of the Contract or Covenant will represent the Curses or Judgment portion of the Contract represented in Daniel 9:26-27 (second half of each verse). First the Separation of the Wheat from the Tares will take place (Matthew 13:25-30) which includes the Bride of Christ making herself ready (Revelation 19:7) and then God’s Judgment will fall (This is commonly thought of as the Wrath of God and follows the Tribulation Portion of the Great Consummation).
- We will call this second half of the covenant “The Great Consummation” or the great Completion of Christ’s seven year covenant.
Only through Christ’s Covenant has every Christian received their salvation.
So what have we been taught through the older and mistaken and obsolete End Times doctrines?
- Pre and Mid-Tribulation Eschatologists (End-Times proponents) would have you believe God is going to establish a seven year period of Judgment called the Great Tribulation in which Satan will, in the form of the Beast/Anti-Christ, form a covenant with humanity so humans can receive the Wrath of God before dying and going to Hell; a sort of double jeopardy – if you will. This teaching did not recognize the End Times as part of Christ’s Seven Year Covenant with humanity. Rather, it mistakenly attributed the seven years of covenant as something the Beast/Anti-Christ would establish.
- Other Eschatologists (A-Millennialists) believe the seven years for the End Times took place shortly after the resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. A-Millennialist proponents believe the Body of Christ (Christians) are merely living in an extended Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ via the Church as “Christ’s Spiritual Rule” here on earth. This eschatological faction sees the destruction of the Jewish Temple in 70 AD as evidence of this postulate. A-Millennialists believe in a final Judgment which is yet to come.
- By the way, the 70 AD destruction of the Jewish Temple is not the anticipated Temple destruction Jesus mentioned in Matthew 24, Mark 13 or Luke 21. The Temple destruction is also mentioned in Daniel 9:26 and is something that takes place at the Second Advent when Jesus returns (not the Rapture) WITH the Body of Christ; you know, the “people of the Prince that shall come” (Daniel 9:26).
- Yet another End Times group (Preterists) believe the Church represents the continuation of God’s “Original-Plan” for humanity which was supposed to be fulfilled through the Israelites. According to the Preteristic persuasion the Body of Christ replaced the Jews as God’s people to bring in His plan following Israel’s contemptuous failure. Preterists also believe the seven years for the End Times concluded shortly after the resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ and we, the Body of Christ, are merely living in an extended Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ via the Church as Christ’s Spiritual rule here on earth. In other words the Body of Christ picked up God’s program where the Israelites dropped the ball. Preterists also believe in a final Judgment which will follow someday in the future.
- Post-Tribulation Eschatologists primarily fall into either the A-Millennial or Preteristic viewpoints; although, many Great Tribulation proponents confuse Post-Trib with the idea of Jesus returning after the Great Tribulation. Post-Trib can be confusing to many without a little personal study into their doctrines.
Bear in mind, until the “Time of the End” began in 1948… NO ONE had access to this new revelation and narrative; a narrative which was previously hidden by the will of God.
Oh yeah, the expression, “Time of the End” is also synonymous with the Biblical expression, “The Latter Days.”
If you would like more information on the mechanics of Christ’s Covenant then get a copy of “This Side of the Whirlwind, The Coming Apocalypse” and check out chapter 8, “Edicts of the Prophecy”. This chapter will take you through the mechanics of just how Jesus’ life, death and resurrection provided our daily and eternal salvation. It is truly a beautiful fulfillment of prophecy and the reason Jesus gave His life for our sins.
So this installment was “The Decimation 1”. Expect at least 9 more installments which will step by step – that’s right – systematically prove Pre, Mid and Post-Tribulation Rapture doctrines are all wet behind the proverbial ears. Oh, and let us not forget… we’ll decimate A-Millennialism and Preterism too. Yep, wet – wet – wet!
I know – messy!
Until next time, STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD! 2 Tim. 2:15