Israel, God’s Not Finished Part 2
Okay, we left our last blog making the statement that “Even as the Body of Christ must be saved by faith and not by works so too must the nation of Israel be saved by faith and not because they are the sons of Abraham according to the flesh.
- Remember, Ishmael was a son of Abraham and yet not a child of promise or salvation.”
- Ishmael (the first son of Abraham) is the father of the Arab nations and ultimately Islam today.
Modified Excerpt from “This Side of the Whirlwind, The Coming Apocalypse” chapter 18; pages 336-338.
The point, at the end of the Great Consummation Israelites will also be delivered from sin; howbeit, only through the same mechanism by which the Body of Christ is also redeemed, and that – through the shed blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God, the Jewish Messiah. (I know, they don’t know this yet, but they soon will; oh happy day!)
So I ask, did they (Israel) stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their (Jews) trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!
Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?
If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy (Holy Spirit), so are the branches (Jews). But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches.
If you are, remember it is not you (Christians) who support the root, but the root (through Israel) that supports you. (Romans 11:11–18 ESV)
- The nation of Israel is represented as the natural olive tree within the text. Israel is the olive tree, and the olive tree is holy.
- The gentile nations are represented as wild olive trees and are not seen as the natural and thus holy original.
- God said He would ransom Israel so the gentile nations of the world could receive salvation.
- If the natural olive branch (the Israelites) was rejected so the wild olive branch (the gentiles) could be grafted into the original olive tree and its root (God, or a true walk with God) and now Christians enjoy the benefits of this grafted connection with God, don’t become arrogant as if you somehow earned this relationship with the Creator.
- Bear in mind, Christians did not earn their position; rather, salvation was gifted by God’s grace and mercy at the cost of the Israelites’ favor in the eyes of God. Too many Jews have suffered that we might be saved. We are saved by grace alone!
Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud. But fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. (Romans 11:19–21 ESV)
- If God removed the original branches for their unbelief or lack of faithfulness, will He not also remove the wild olive branches if they walk in unbelief?
Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. (Romans 11:22 ESV)
- Beware the extremes of these two positions beneath God and His mercies:
- kindness toward those who continue in faith
- severity toward those who walk in unbelief
“And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again” (Romans 11:23 ESV).
- When the time comes for Israel’s blinding to be lifted, the Jews can be restored to the natural olive tree.
For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree. (Romans 11:24 ESV)
- The natural olive branch can inherently return to the natural olive tree.
Lest you be wise in your own sight, I want you to understand this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening (blinding) has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. (Romans 11:25 ESV)
- God provisionally blinded the hearts and minds of the Israelites until a great many gentiles could be saved.
- This blinding of the Jews only continues until such time as the Time of the Gentiles has been completed.
- The Time of the Gentiles will be completed after the Great Consummation has been fulfilled just as the Battle of Armageddon has been won by Christ.
- At that time, Christ will be anointed King of the Jews and over the entire earth as every prophecy and vision for the gentile age is completed.
“And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, ‘The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob’” (Romans 11:26 ESV).
- When the Time of the Gentiles is concluded, Jesus, the Deliverer, will save every Israelite willing to receive Jesus as Lord.
- The Two Witnesses and 144,000 Elect will have ministered the gospel message to Israel during the Great Consummation.
“… and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” (Romans 11:27 ESV)
- The Davidic covenant will be instituted, thereby fulfilling prophecy.
“As regards the gospel, they are enemies of God for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers” (Romans 11:28 ESV).
- The 144,000 Elect will have preached the gospel during the Wrath of God portion of the Great Consummation.
- The message of Jesus as the Lamb of God will sink in once the “Blinding in Part” has been lifted.
- God will resurrect every Israelite since the time of Christ in order to offer them the gospel message and the free gift of salvation.
- Some will receive salvation and everlasting life, and some will reject the gospel and Jesus Christ and be returned in shame and everlasting contempt.
The information in this post is another wonderful example of God moving in the lives of His Chosen People. Thank you, Lord!
Once again BG, I hope this post answered a few more of your questions.
I know you didn’t specifically ask this question; nevertheless, I’ve had fun answering it and that’s sometimes enough for me.
We’ll continue answering this and other questions in our next blog,
“Israel, God’s Not Finished Part 3”
 Romans 9:7–8, “Nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham …”
 Daniel 12:1–3.
Consider: the majority of our blogs are taken from our book, “This Side of the Whirlwind, the Coming Apocalypse”.
TSWW is a study and not a novel. If you truly want to know the depths of what is coming our way soon you need to get a copy and learn the message so you can be that light/ the warning to your family in Christ.