Here we are again with another installment from the series, “Is Anybody Listening” written by me, Steven R. Harrel, covering a True-Life event which spanned many months in my little life. If you’ve never encountered a Word of Knowledge from God or a divine vision then this must all seem wild and far-fetched. However, there are those who know exactly what I’ve experienced hearing the voice of God and having encountered similar manifestations of God’s hand as He interacts with them, His Children, in HIS beautiful world.
Truly listening when God speaks is much more difficult than most might think… for it seems the Words in God’s messages are often presented with very specific instructions which we need to learn to analyze or parse or listen to correctly in order to accurately present or interpret God’s intended message… You “the reader” will either have a grasp of what I’m saying or hopefully you will see what I mean as you conclude this five part series. Either way, may the Lord enlighten you to His will in your life! 🙂
IN several of the previous posts we discussed the Word the Lord gave me when He said, “Go up there and look for land on which to buy and live”. Below are several potentially pertinent elements which helped us/me to decide if the “Word” was actually from the Lord or not:
- The Lord instructs Pam and I to go hiking for two-weeks at which time the Lord said He would provide us with a Word of Knowledge about our (mine & Pam’s) future.
- First week of April, Pam, out of the blue, declares she is ready to move out of Tucson should the Lord require such from us (Uncommon for Pam).
- Also in April, Pam’s friend Kim repeatedly mentions snowflakes during two separate conversations.
- God actually gives me a Word of Knowledge while we are hiking in Sedona, Arizona. During the accompanying vision I saw the town of Snowflake, Arizona standing out on the map in the vision.
- Through this vision, a map is displayed – hanging in the air over the road where we are hiking trials in Sedona, Arizona. It appears so vivid I actually reach up to touch the map in an attempt to circle an area on the vision map, an area which resembled the shape of the African continent on the lower/middle eastern border of Arizona. I also felt compelled to include the city of Snowflake in a circle at the top of the African shaped area.
- The Lord says to me in my mind/spirit, “Go up there (the location highlighted on the map given in the vision) and look for land on which to buy and live.”
- While Pam and I are in Sedona receiving this vision, my sister Jackie has a dream in Tucson which included a conversation with Pam and I moving to Snowflake, Arizona. Note: the dream came to Jackie while we were still out of town and hiking in Sedona before Jackie could have known about the prophecy.
- Finally, Pam’s mother calls within two hours of us praying for a more solid confirmation; anything having to do with snowflakes or Snowflake, Arizona. Almost immediately after Pam answered the phone her mother mentioned Snowflake, Arizona numerous times.
You just cannot make this stuff up. These eight elements are just a few of the major highlights which were presented during the course of this lesson/message from God in our lives.
And the hits just keep on coming!
Segue-way: For the next two years Pam and I traveled to the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest and surrounding areas ‘looking’ for land on which to buy and live.
Talk about beautiful country, wow! During this period we began to prepare our home for sale so we could put the place on the market. At that time… we did not know “if” the Lord wanted us to sell our home; nevertheless, Pam and I wanted to put our best foot forward by putting our home on the market in case that was God’s plan.
We concluded that if God wanted our home to sell and us to move He would sell our home in His perfect timing. If the Lord did not want us to sell our home or us to move at that time then we would not be able to sell our home even at rock-bottom prices. And as we thought… even at a great price our home would not be moved/sold.
We loved the Alpine, Arizona area; however, after numerous trips we seemed no closer to purchasing a piece of property or moving to the area. We began to wonder what the Lord was doing, why did He want us to travel to this area? Then between late March and early April of 2011 we made our last trek to the Apache Sitgreaves National Forest.
Prior to this trip Pam and I were so excited at the prospect that we might be moving into the pine country. For this reason, we were consistently approaching the area with the idea the Lord wanted us to sell our home and move into the mountains; the difference this time however, was that we were finally open to hearing or seeing why God was sending us up here and if God wanted us to move here or not.
That night we camped in New Mexico off of Highway 32 at about 7,200 feet above sea-level. Even for the end of March – first of April, it was cold with the ambient temperature falling to approximately 15 degrees Fahrenheit, with the wind-chill dropping to somewhere much colder. Early the next morning we drove down the mountain to about the 6,000 foot level. We thought we would be much warmer, but we were wrong!
Somewhere near 4 a.m. I began to dream:
Pam and I were leading a large contingent of Christians who were living in the forests in and around the Apache Sitgreaves Nation Forest. The End-times had begun and Christians were not welcome anywhere in the modern world. The weather where we camped during the dream was freezing and nearly everyone was suffering from exposure as the elements took their toll.
At the forefront of the dream I saw a woman and small child; they were wrapped in one thin blanket and trembling terribly. As the dream continued, I somehow knew that everyone in our camp only possessed one very inadequate blanket, and as I looked at the woman and child I connected the child with our own little grandchildren. I sat across from the mother and child knowing there was nothing I could do and realized it was our fault these people were suffering so terribly and even now — dying.
In the dream, Pam and I both knew we were at fault because everyone had followed us to this location trusting our knowledge and leading of the Lord. This group of dying people had joined Pam and I so they could survive the Tribulation Period of the Great Consummation and we had foolishly led them to this higher elevation during the winter without preparing a place in advance which would be adequate for existing clothing and supplies.
At that moment I knew we could not, would not be able to purchase land at such a high elevation regardless of how much Pam and I truly wanted to live in pine country.
After waking from the dream I lay there considering all the implications. I suddenly noticed Pam rousing but didn’t pickup on the fact she had been laying there crying. Later she told me she had been thinking about the same basic issues and weeping over it all.
A few hours later I got up and went outside to pray and think. During this period the Lord began to show me His reasons for giving me the vision and Word of Knowledge.
The Lord said He had given me the Word, “I want you to go up there and look for land on which to buy and live” because we needed to learn this lesson. Then the Lord said He was tempering our desire to live in that environment, pine country. Not completely, but enough so we would look elsewhere and not always be looking to the mountains and longing for the pine treed forests and landscapes.
Years earlier when I had passionately wanted to get out of Tucson and its heat, the Lord pointed out that the first place I headed for was the pine treed mountains of Flagstaff, Arizona. The Lord explained that if He did not remove some of our desire to live in the mountain environment Pam and I would always gravitate to the mountains. This is not God’s will for our lives or His plan for where He wants Pam and me. God has a better plan and we can trust Him completely.
It is not always easy to obey the Lord, but He is always right and it is always best.
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5 NKJV).
You know, we are living in the Latter Days near the beginning of the Great Consummation. We are living in the Beginning of Sorrows and everyone’s time is short. The book, “This Side of the Whirlwind” confirms many of these truths. Get your copy today and learn all the things we are up against. Remember… time is short.
Brother in Christ
Steven R. Harrel