7 Years of Judgment, God, God is Great!, Hearing God's Voice, Prophecy, The Beast, The End Times, The Great Consummation, The Great Tribulation, The Latter Days, The Mark of the Beast, This Side of the Whirlwind
Excerpt from, “This Side of the Whirlwind, The Coming Apocalypse” chapter 14, pages 265-266.
When referring to the Wrath of God, it is important to be clear, The Wrath of God in question refers specifically to that period of judgment that will come over the whole earth during the Latter Days as outlined in Revelation 6:15–17.
And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of his wrath has come: and who is able to stand?” (Revelation 6:16–17 NKJV)
Obviously the previous verses are not referring to a simple show of God’s wrath in general terms. Rather, the reference above speaks specifically to an apocalyptic event that will befall all elements of humanity not caught up to be with the Lord during the Rapture. This level of God’s wrath was prophesied to take place during the Day of the Lord when God’s judgment strikes with the full force of His great indignation (Isaiah 2:12–22).
The Wrath of God will take place:
- on the Day of the Lord when the sun, moon, and stars are being darkened (Isaiah 13:6–22, Revelation 6:12–17, Zephaniah,1:14–18)
- when great destruction shall come from the Lord (Isaiah 13:6–22, 24:1–23, 34:1–ff; Ezekiel 32:1–16; Daniel 9:24–27; 2 Peter 3:7–13; Jeremiah 46:1–12)
- at a time when one-third of all trees and all green grass will be burned up as a result of hail and fire mingled with blood falling from the skies (Revelation 8:7)
- when all hands become faint from fear over the entire earth because God is bringing judgment on the damned (Isaiah 13:6–22)
- when something like a great and fiery mountain is cast into the sea, causing one-third of the sea to turn to blood, which will kill one-third of all life in the sea and destroy one-third of the ships on the sea (Revelation 8:8)
- with men’s hearts fail them for fear of God’s coming wrath (Ecclesiastes 12:1–14; Isaiah 13:6–22, 24:1–23; Ezekiel 32:1–16; Amos 8:1–14)
- when a star, burning like a furnace, will fall from the sky and turn one-third of the earth’s potable water into foul and undrinkable waters (Revelation 8:10–11)
- on a day of cruel vengeance with fierce anger and with judgment from God (Isaiah 13:6–22, Zephaniah 1:14–18)
- when the lands are laid desolate by the Lord Himself (Isaiah 13:6–22)
- when God uses a supernatural army to destroy one-third of all sinners out of the world (Isaiah 13:6–22, Revelation 9:13–16)
- during a time of fierce punishment and judgment from God (Isaiah 13:6–22, 34:1–17; Revelation 6:12–17)
- with great death and destruction from God (Isaiah 13:6–22, 34:1–17; Zephaniah 1:14–18)
- with men, women, and children being brutally killed or ravaged due to God’s judgment and men’s wickedness (Isaiah 13:6–22)
- in such a way as to punish those who scorned their Creator and blasphemed their God by afflicting them with terror, sores, boils, and with scorching as from the sun (Revelation 16:1–2 and 8–11)
- at a time when potable water will become nearly nonexistent (Revelation 16:4–7)
- at a time of brutal anger when God smites the world with cruelty and violence (Isaiah 13:6–22, 34:1–ff; Zephaniah 1:14–18)
- over the course of one year as judgment falls (Jeremiah 11:21–23, 23:11–13, 48:26–47; Revelation 9:15)
- after Christians have been taken from the earth into their reward (1 Thessalonians 5:9)
Obviously, the Wrath of God will be an incredibly cruel and horrific time in which life will become very cheap. True Christians will no longer reside on the earth. However, pseudo-Christians will still claim God should have understood their need to take the Mark, because they simply made a mistake or had no choice. These individuals will believe they had to take the Mark of the Beast for one reason or another, regardless of what God’s Word says. Unfortunately, no matter how hard people try to explain their error, they will never believe God was justifiable in leaving them behind. Many ignore the fact God sets the rules, not man.
End of Excerpt
Here is how we know the Day of the Lord will coincide with the Second Coming of Christ and the sun, moon and stars being darkened:
- Scripture uses the expression, “the Day of the Lord” no less than 18 times.
- Scripture also uses the expression Sun, moon and stars being darkened 16 times.
- Thirteen scriptures relate to the Second Coming of Christ which also coincide 8 out the 16 times the Sun, moon and stars are darkened and 5 times with the Day of the Lord.
- So we know Jesus returns on the Day of the Lord when the sun, moon and stars are darkened.
- The Biblical footprints run from Old to New Testament.
- To see a much more thorough chart providing cross-comparisons between the expression “The Day of the Lord” and 39 additional End Times elements go to pages 252-254 of, “This Side of the Whirlwind, The Coming Apocalypse.”
The Day of the Lord according to God’s Word.
Isaiah 13:6-9 (This is just one of 18 solid references.)
6) Wail, for the day of the LORD is at hand! It will come as destruction from the Almighty.
7) Therefore all hands will be limp, Every man’s heart will melt,
8) And they will be afraid. Pangs and sorrows will take hold of them; They will be in pain as a woman in childbirth; They will be amazed at one another; Their faces will be like flames.
9) Behold, the day of the LORD comes, Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger, To lay the land desolate; And He will destroy its sinners from it.
Okay, so next time we’ll look at a comparison between The Tribulation Period and the Wrath of God so we can reveal how the Tribulation Period and Wrath of God are not the same events.
Until next time!