Ransomed for Christ?
- The ransoming of Israel was done for a significant purpose. Though God exchanged Israel for the Body of Christ, He has not forsaken His chosen people. Rather, God set aside a remnant in accordance with prophecy. There has always been a remnant from the house of Israel and ever will be, leastwise until the beginning of the Millennial Reign.
So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, as it is written, “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day.” And David says, “Let their table become a snare and a trap, a stumbling block and a retribution for them; let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see, and bend their backs forever.” (Romans 11:5–10 ESV)
- God set the House of Israel for a ransom and a foreshadowing of things to come.
- Though a blinding in part has come upon the nation of Israel, one day the blinding will be lifted and the Israelites will see Christ for their Messiah and Savior.
- The true message is grace.
- Even as the Body of Christ must be saved by faith and not by works, so too must the nation of Israel be saved by faith and not because they are the sons of Abraham according to the flesh.
- Remember, Ishmael was a son of Abraham and yet not a child of promise or salvation.
So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean! Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches. But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. (Romans 11:11–18 ESV)
The nation of Israel is represented as the natural olive tree within the text. Israel is the olive tree, and the olive tree is holy.
- The gentile nations are represented as wild olive trees and are not seen as holy.
- God said He would ransom Israel so the gentile nations of the world could receive salvation.
- If the natural olive branch (the Israelites) was rejected so the wild olive branch (the gentiles) could be grafted into the original olive tree and its root (God, or a true walk with God) and now Christians enjoy the benefits of this grafted connection with God, don’t become arrogant as if you somehow earned this relationship with the Creator. Bear in mind, Christians did not earn their position; rather, salvation was gifted by God’s grace and mercy at the cost of the Israelites’ favor in the eyes of God. Too many Jews have suffered that we might be saved. We are saved by grace alone!
Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud. But fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. (Romans 11:19–21 ESV)
If God removed the original branches for their unbelief or lack of faithfulness, will He not also remove the wild olive branches if they walk in unbelief?
Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. (Romans 11:22 ESV)
Beware the extremes of these two positions beneath God and His mercies:
- kindness toward those who continue in faith
- severity toward those who walk in unbelief
“And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again” (Romans 11:23 ESV).
- When the time comes for Israel’s blinding to be lifted, the Jews can be restored to the natural olive tree.
For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree. (Romans 11:24 ESV)
The natural olive branch can inherently return to the natural olive tree.
Lest you be wise in your own sight, I want you to understand this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening (blinding) has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. (Romans 11:25 ESV)
God provisionally blinded the hearts and minds of the Israelites until a great many gentiles could be saved.
- This blinding of the Jews only continues until such time as the Time of the Gentiles has been completed.
- The Time of the Gentiles will be completed after the Great Consummation has been fulfilled just as the Battle of Armageddon has been won by Christ.
- At that time, Christ will be anointed King of the Jews and over the entire earth as every prophecy and vision for the gentile age is completed.
“And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, ‘The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob’” (Romans 11:26 ESV).
When the Time of the Gentiles is concluded, Jesus, the Deliverer, will save every Israelite willing to receive Jesus as Lord.
- The Two Witnesses and 144,000 Elect will have ministered the gospel message to Israel during the Great Consummation.
“… and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”
- The Davidic covenant will be instituted, thereby fulfilling prophecy.
“As regards the gospel, they are enemies of God for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers” (Romans 11:27–28 ESV).
- The 144,000 Elect will have preached the gospel during the Wrath of God portion of the Great Consummation.
- The message will sink in once the blinding in part has been lifted.
- God will resurrect every Israelite since the time of Christ in order to offer them the gospel message and the free gift of salvation.
- Some will receive salvation and everlasting life, and some will reject the gospel and Jesus Christ and be returned in shame and everlasting contempt.
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you were at one time disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy because of their disobedience. (Romans 11:29–30 ESV)
- Israel’s salvation was long ago prophesied.
- The nations of the world walked in disobedience so God could show mercy through His Son.
“So they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy” (Romans 11:31 ESV).
In similar fashion, the nation of Israel, because of their blinding, also walked in disobedience so that the gentile nations could receive salvation through God’s mercy.
- Now the Israelites will receive of the same mercy and bounty.
“For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all” (Romans 11:32 ESV).
- God’s objective is now revealed.
- Through the blood of His Son, new sons and daughters can be born.
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?” “Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. (Romans 11:33–36 ESV)
- God’s ways are so far beyond our understanding, we cannot truly appreciate or comprehend why God does many of the things in the way He does them.
- With this in mind, trust the Lord with all of your being, for He can be trusted.
- Aside from this truth, who is truly foolish enough to believe in God and also stand in opposition to God’s will or purpose?
From before the time of Adam and Eve, these events were known and then ordained by God to fulfill God’s purposes and plans. There has never been a mistake credited to God’s ledger. God, through His Son Jesus Christ, fashioned the universe, the angels, humanity, and everything within the cosmos, according to His will. Those whom God foreknew did He also predestine, conform, and purpose into members of the Body of Christ. And the Body of Christ has been purposefully formed into the likeness and image of God’s Son.  The Creator did predestine His children to be conformed, saved, and transformed into the embodiment of His will and purpose.
Similarly, those individuals whom God foreknew, those who refused to be transformed into a likeness or image of Christ, no matter the efforts, those individuals did God predestine to become the chaff, the goats, the brute beasts created unto destruction. Bear in mind, those whom God calls have a choice. It is the individual’s choice to serve God or remain apart. If you have never been offered the opportunity to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, then you should choose to accept Him right now, at this very moment, as your personal, loving Lord and Savior. You can choose to reject Jesus and everything for which He stands, or you can choose to become saved and free from sin and death.
 Romans 9:7–8, “Nor are they all children because they are the seed of Abraham …”
 Daniel 12:1–3.
 Isaiah 35:10, 51:7–11; Joel 2:23–27.
 Colossians 1:15–23, “All things were created through Him and for Him.”
 Knew in advance, pre-knowledge.
 Romans 8:28–30.
 Purposed in advance, prearrange to be shaped into …
 John 15:16, “You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you …”
 John 3:15-36, Romans 8:1-4.
Ransomed for Christ, Israel, You! Check out the message…