The word “continuity” represents an unbroken and continuous existence of an operation, plan, purpose or period.
This and every Christmas season represents one element in the continuous plans of God for the Covenant of Jesus Christ via the adoption program God created for humanity, our salvation!
God in His magnificent wisdom created the angels so He could (among other things) separate the light from the dark actions (good from evil) within the Kingdom of Heaven; thus, Lucifer became Satan and drew a third of the angels to represent actions which are counterproductive or disobedient to God and His omniscient perfect will.
Then God creates the universe and placed Adam in the garden to establish the bloodline for the Israelites, such is the reason the Bible begins with Adam and Eve. Adam’s and Eve’s offspring eventually become The Jews which God has chosen to be His people ordained for the purpose of bringing salvation to His entire lost world, or at least those who accept His sacrifice; of course the world is not lost at that moment; however it becomes lost so God can save (adopt) us humans created in His likeness and image.
They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. I have said, “You are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.” (Psalms 82:5-6 KJV)
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, “You are gods?” (John 10:34 KJV)
We were created to be adopted into the family of God, if we should so choose.
God allows the Serpent into the garden to beguile Eve so that Adam may “willfully” sin and thus loose sin into the world of mankind.
Notice, everything thus-far is merely the setting of the stage: the fall of certain angels, creation of the universe and the subsequent fall of humanity into a state of sinfulness abandon. Hence, humanity “now” needs a Savior! We (humans) need to be adopted into the family of our Creator and thus become the Children of God.
So how does God go about the process?
- Humanity falls into a state of perpetual sinfulness.
- God establishes prophecies to confirm it is in fact Him who is accomplishing what is written.
- Example: God tells Abraham He will send Abraham’s offspring to Egypt for 400 years where they will be enslaved and then delivered by mighty signs and wonders through a Deliverer. The prophecy comes to pass through Moses and then the Laws of God are established in a written format. Way cool, God shows His hand in the process.
- Each of these steps is a foreshadowing of things to come, a piece of God’s puzzle within God’s grand plan to adopt us as His beloved Children.
- Then, through the Laws of Moses (Laws of God) the Sabbatical laws lead to Israel’s captivity for 70 years in Babylon.
- Through this 70 year period of captivity the Seventy Weeks of Daniel prophecy is created and established. (This is where the fun begins)
- Via the Seventy Weeks of Daniel we learn:
From the going forth of the commandment [when King Cyrus gives the command] to restore and to build Jerusalem [for the Jews to return to Israel and rebuild] “unto” the Messiah the Prince [until Jesus is born] shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks [shall be a 49 year and 434 year segment to fulfill prophecies]. (Daniel 9:25 with emphasis added)
- Now, from the moment King Cyrus commanded the Israelites to return home and rebuild, the 7 weeks segment of the prophecy started followed by the 62 weeks segment. The Wall was finished in BC 437. The 7 weeks segment was fulfilled during the reconstruction of Jerusalem, the Temple and the Walls; the 62 week segment began after the 7 weeks segment was complete and ran continuously and uninterrupted until the coming of the Messiah, Jesus. This is where things get really interesting. The 62 week segment required 434 years to complete; therefore, counting down from the year, BC 437, to the end of the 62 week segment or 434 continuous years – brings the Messiah’s arrival “into our world” at approximately BC 3, which just happens to coincide with the approximate timeline of Christ’s actual birth, the subsequent coming of the three Wise Men and the following “Weeping of Rachael for her children”. Wow! I know, how amazing!
Soooo, “Unto us a Child was born.” “Unto us a Child was given.” These events took place exactly as prophecy ordained! Jesus was born at the end of the 62 weeks segment, right on time, as they say. Yeah Buddy!
How sweet is that!
I’m doing the “Robot” I’m dancing, singing, tweaking, not twerking, the vocal pipes!
Okay, it’s true, I’m a doof, but I’m smiling nearly all the time. What more could a Child of the Living God want?
So, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Happy New Year! Blessed be the name of the Lord!!!
Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say REJOICE! Can you hear the tune?
Rejoice, rejoice and again I say rejoice… Smile, sing and have a great Christmas!
I’m sure we’ll confer on these issues once again and soon. 🙂
To get your copy of “This Side of the Whirlwind” contact: